- Keloids can be defined as overgrowth of scars that don’t know when to stop. A keloid sometimes is also referred to as a keloid scar. They appear as a tough heaped-up scar that is raised above the rest of the skin. It generally has a smooth top and may appear purple or even pink colour.
- Another common cause of keloids is following surgery, burn, acne, and even tattoos. Sometimes keloids can form even without any trauma or inflammatory response and in which case they are called spontaneous keloids.
- Keloids do not itself generally cause any symptoms but rarely it can cause some pain and or itching. They are lumpy and feels rubbery. The colour of it may vary from dark brown to a pinkish skin tinge.
- Although the keloids do not cause any specific symptoms, it can affect the self-esteem of the sufferers and for this reason the majority of the sufferers seeking its treatment.
- Keloids can be surgically removed using a scalpel under local anaesthesia but the freshly created wound again has the same risk of developing another keloid there hence generally additional treatment method is often employed in order to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- At Renew Skin and Health Clinic we have highly experienced plastic surgeons in our team who will surgically remove these keloids under local anaesthesia followed by series of other treatments such as pulsed dye laser treatments and or long-acting steroid injections or both.
Keloids Removal Treatment
In our experience, Keloids are best to be treated with a combination of treatments. Most doctors recommend a combination of different treatments for a long-lasting result.
What are Keloids Scar?
Before & After Images
Disclaimer: Keloid Scar Removal Treatment varies from person to person
Free Consultation on WhatsApp
If you want more info on this condition or simply want to discuss your case then, please connect on our business WhatsApp by clicking the WhatApp icon below and get expert advice directly from Dr Jha. A response back can take anything between a few minutes to 24 hrs.
Doctors Interview Videos
Dr. Nawal Jha
Dr Jha, is a Senior Cosmetic and Hair Restoration Surgeon with close to 30 years of experience in the industry. He is well established and renowned in the UK especially for certain cosmetic procedures. His main area of interest is into cosmetic dermatology and Hair Restoration. He began his career after graduating from the University of Ranchi in India with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) in 1992.
He moved to United Kingdom in 1996. During his stay in UK, he has worked within NHS in various capacities. During this time, he gained an interest in Hair Restoration and hair loss treatments for both men and women. Following his own personal experience with Hair Transplant, Dr Jha decided to undergo training in hair restoration and completed his training in Europe.
Over the years Dr Jha has gained substantial experience in use of various advanced medical lasers such as CO2 laser, Nd-Yag laser, Pulsed Dye laser, IPL, Excimer laser, Alex laser and so on. He has particular interest in treating various common and uncommon skin blemishes using lasers.
Years of Experience
Types of Treatments
Very honest, prompt and professional service. Within a few minutes of enquiring I was invited to speak to Dr Jha directly on the phone. He was very open and honest about my condition and I felt at all times like he had my best interests as a patient at heart. Not only was he incredibly medically experienced, but he was very transparent and did not try to upsell or give me any false reassurances.I would 100% recommend this clinic to anyone unsure or enquiring about treatment, seeking an honest, well accredited and medically professional service.
I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about this establishment. I’m from *Canada and I received a free online consultation with Dr Jha regarding the normality or abnormality of what I was worried may have been an infection. After taking a look at the photos Dr Jha reassured me of the normalcy of the condition and it’s benign nature. It took a huge weight off my shoulders and I was able to feel comfortable with my body again. He responded within minutes of my inquiry and answered all my questions in both a timely, professional, and most importantly *reassuring manor. I’m so grateful to Doctor Jha and his knowledge and experience for helping me through a stressful period in my life. I have nothing but good things to say. They absolutely deserve all the positive ratings they receive and many more. FIVE STARS. HANDS DOWN. 🙂
Fantastic experience at Renew! Treatment and follow up appointments by Dr. Jha were professional and the staff are very friendly! My treatment was during covid pandemic and I could not fault the extra steps taken to ensure everything was safe and sterile. Excellent aftercare too! Really pleased with the work I had done, given me a huge confidence boost and I would definitely recommend them!